Saint Paul Federation of Educators (SPFE) is a union of teachers and educational support professionals that is a national leader in innovative, social justice unionism. SPFE is affiliated with Education Minnesota, the American Federation of Teachers, and the National Education Association and represents 3500+ licensed employees, educational assistants (EA), and school and community service professionals (SCSP) in over 55 schools and educational programs in the St. Paul Public School District.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
This temporary SPFE organizer position is full-time. The individual will work closely with local union leadership and other organizers during our current contract campaign. The primary responsibility of this position will be having conversations with members, supporting building leaders in action planning and execution, and providing logistics support for large actions. This position will report to the SPFE Staff Director or designee.
- Experience fighting for racial equity and social justice;
- Organizing experience;
- Familiar with public education and education policy;
- Experience advocating for a cause;
- Creativity, problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Effective and efficient utilization of time management, work plans, and implementation of plans to meet objectives and goals;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Experience with Google Docs, Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Working with diverse populations, personalities and viewpoints;
- Access to reliable transportation and willing to use it for job-related tasks;
- Ability to work evenings and the occasional weekend; and
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
This is a temporary, 40+ hours per week from December-March with a wage of $25/hour.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email one of the following:
- your resume or
- a letter expressing your interest and qualifications for this position or
- a video expressing your interest and qualifications for this position to Leah Lindeman firstname.lastname@example.org by 5p.m., Friday, November 23, 2019.
SPFE is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants regardless of gender identification, race, ethnicity, or religion.